Undoubtedly Chime is the most well-known online bank for numerous individuals at present.
If you are a new member, probably you might have received your new Chime card and need to activate the same.
In this article, you will get to know about everything you need to know about activating your Chime card. Moreover, this article is a solution to your every problem related to activation of your Chime card.
You will get to know, how you can activate chime card through various options. In case you would like to skip to a particular section of the article kindly browse the table of contents.
Let’s get started!
What are the main reasons to activate your Chime card?
There are several reasons to activate Chime card –
- Users can effortlessly trail their banking details including – Account Balance, and Card Pin. Also, they can easily track the transactions report whenever needed.
- Will get immediate reminders of every single event and you will be notified about all the reports on email ID every day.
- Whenever you need to pay or transfer the money somewhere or to someone, you can send the money directly from the mobile banking application with a single click. Save yourself from any kind of fraud or spam.
- Users can check their balance at any time and anywhere with immediate transaction warnings.
- Lastly you must use the Chime Debit Card to acquire cash back. Utilize it various times and earn cash back. You may redeem these cash back points according to your needs.
What things do I need to activate my Chime card?
It’s important for you to have some of the essential things before you start activating you Chime card.
Some of the things that you need to activate your Chime Card includes –
- Notebook paper
- Social security card
- Paper sent with the Chime card
- Your Chime Card
The notebook, paper and pen are in case you are required to write down any necessary information regarding your account, such as a PIN number.
You need your social security card just in case you forget some information and you do not it. You need it for identifying process as well.
Also, the papers you will send with your Chime Card must include your account information along with your contact number to call to activate your new chime card.
How to activate your Chime Card ? (Step-by-Step)
There are two ways to activate your Chime Card :
- You can activate it by using the Chime App
- By calling customer service ( Chime’s customer service )
By using Chime App –
You will find the process of activating your card to be quick and easy, if you are using the Chime app.
Activate your Chime card using app:
- Firstly, log into your account. There will be a card widget at the top of the app which should say ‘Card Status’.
- Next, Tap on the widget, you will find a green button where ‘Activate card’ will be mentioned.
- If in case, somehow you don’t see this button, you may ask the Chatbot, – ‘Activate my card’.
If you don’t see the Chatbot go back to the home screen of your app app and glance at the top right corner to activate your card. Further, if you face any problem you can contact chime customer service.
Activating your Chime card by calling customer support–
Some people prefer calling , some not. It’s totally up to you, if you want to chose this option to activate your Chime card or not.
- You can call Chime customer care and must follow their complete instructions to activate your card.
- Customer care spokesperson will provide you with complete directions for activating your card.
- It’s a very easy way to activate you Chime Card. You can active your card in just few minutes by just calling customer service.
- You straightforwardly need to use the details printed on your card and rest of the process is simple and easy.
How you can activate Chime Card online?
Most of the people prefer online activation process because they find it simple and effortless.
Below mentioned are the steps to activate your Chime card online –
- Visit the Chime’s website and sign into your account.
- Now enter your Email address and password to login and wait for OTP to be receive on your regitered mobile number for verification purpose.
- Now enter the verification code and click on verify.
- Then go into your Chime’s bank account information and find the option “activate my card.”
- Next you have to enter all the information on your Chime’s bank card there.
You can use the Chime card after completing all these steps. Your Chime card can be used everywhere such as grocery stores, ATMs, restaurants, etc.
After the completion of these steps, you will receive a confirmation of activation to one of two or both – ‘telephone number’ and the ‘email address’ linked with your account.
If in case you don’t receive any confirmation or your card isn’t working , contact their customer service.
How to use the Chime card if it hasn’t arrived yet ?
You don’t have to worry about it or wait if you don’t have your Chime card in hand or it hasn’t arrived yet. You can access your provisional digital card in the app accordingly.
Steps to find the temporary digital card –
- Open your Chime app
- Next, tap on ‘Settings’
- Then scroll down and tap ‘Debit card’
- Next you have to select ‘View your card’
- You can then take a note of your card number and rest of the details
It is advised to use your physical card once it arrives , it will become easier for you.
How can I get a replacement Chime card ?
- If you somehow lose your card, you can simply order a replacement in your Chime. Firstly, you need to update your mailing address.
In order to update your address –
- Open ‘Settings’.
- Then go to ‘Personal Information’ .
Here, you can change or update your address.
- Open ‘Settings’ once again.
- Next, you need to find the card you want to replace.
- Click ‘Replace your card’.
- At last, follow the immediate.
For your information, replacement card will arrive in around 7-10 business days. Your previous card will be deactivated, once you order a new one. However, you won’t feel grounded because you will be able to simply use a temporary digital card which is in ‘Settings’ until your new card arrives.
If in case, your card includes any damage and the damage is the reason you have applied for a new card, the impaired card will still stay active, until you activate your new card. You can effortlessly turn off the transactions in the app whenever you feel like so whoever has your card or tries to use, he/she won’t be able to use it.
How can you activate Chime Card without the App?
If in case you people don’t prefer to activate your Chime Card through an app, you can activate it without the app too.
Below mentioned are some of the important steps you need to remember while activating Chime card without the app –
- Login to your Chime account
- Select ‘Activate Card’ and follow all the instructions rightly
- Then, click on ‘Activate Card’ to go further
After clicking on the option, follow the instructions. Be careful while entering your card details including CVV number, card number as well as expiry dates.
How can you use Chime Temporary Card?
- You can simply use your Chime virtual card for in-store purchases. You can add in to a payment wallet like Google pay or Apple Pay.
- Also, you can use the card online to make any purchase on a website.
- Further, you may link the Chime Temporary card in some other payment apps including Venmo or Cash App so that you could use the funds from your Chime account.
- Moreover, with Chime virtual card, you can access your card details on your mobile using the Chime mobile app. Chime virtual card will be visible to you under the ‘Settings’ and then ‘View my Card’.
Why can’t I activate Chime Card ?
If you are not able to activate your Chime card, it could be because of an error in information. You don’t have to worry about it. For this, you can contact Chime help and they will help you.
The process of contacting is quite simple. Either you can call Chime support or send them an email.
Don’t hesitate in contacting Chime support, they will assist you and guide you properly if you are not able to activate your Chime card.
Wrap up !
We hope that this article have solved your queries about activating Chime card.
Undoubtedly activating your Chime card is a very simple process, it’s not difficult at all. In brief , activation process is not only free but easy and straightforward.
You can activate your Chime card just by following some steps. Also, it’s not time consuming and is effortless. It’s totally upto you which method you want to use to activate your card.
- How To Get “Chime Direct Deposit” To Hit Early
- The Ultimate Guide To Understanding & Using Chime Statements
- Chime Withdrawal Limit 2022-All You Need to Know
- Chime Spot Me Helps You Save Money on Your Bills (2022 Guide)
If somehow you don’t activate your card, it will not be possible for you to withdraw any money from your account. Now, Chime does not offer careless withdrawals.
Yes you can. You just have to follow some steps to activate your card without the app.
Step are –
Log into your Chime account
Then, select the ‘Activate card’ and follow the instructions
Click on ‘Activate card’ tab to get going
After clicking on the option, you have to follow few instructions. Be careful while entering your card details, including card number, CVV number, and expiry dates.
Just following some steps won’t tell you that your card is activated or not. To confirm that is activated or not, call customer support to check if your chime card is activated.
Customer service will help you with your queries or errors and activate your Chime card.
Yes, you can activate your Chime card before it appears.
Go to the Chime website.
Click the “Login” button (On the top right of the screen) after opening the website.
Now, enter your registered email address and password to access your Chime account in the respective fields.
Then, you can activate your card by following the information on the next page.
You can easily find your Chime routing as well as account information in the Move money section or you can find in ‘settings’ section.
You can change the PIN through calling customer care service. Make sure you have credit card of nearby because you will asked about your card information.