If you are looking for “How to close Chime account” then follow the article as we have provided the solution in brief. Chime is an online bank which has recently started getting a lot of appreciation specifically because it permits you to transfer funds between accounts without any fee.
Moreover, it helps you to send money to your friends and family super easily.
However, if somehow you don’t need Chime anymore or in case you have decided to close it, this article will be a great help for you as it will guide you about How to Close Chime Account with the help of some easy steps.
How can you close your chime spending account ?
It’s necessary for you to firstly know that you can’t close your Chime account naturally. Make sure you get in touch with Chime directly and Chime will remove your account centrally.
The process for deleting your account is kind of similar to closing a normal bank account. Most importantly, if you try to remove your Chime spending account, just make sure that there remain no pending transactions and it’s at a 0 balance.
If you wish to close your Chime account from an Android mobile , these below mentioned steps are going to be perfectly helpful for you.
Below mentioned are some important steps you need to follow in order to delete your account with Chime –
- You need to first move the money from your Chime spending account in some other account. Make sure to transfer your money to ‘cash app’, before you try to close your bank account. Moreover, in case you have a negative balance in your account, you need to pay it completely before you close your account.
- Then, make sure to unlink the accounts you have connected with your Chime’s bank account.
- You have to then send a ‘mail’ at email@example.com appealing them to delete your account.
- Make sure to get in touch with customer support, this will help your account get closed faster.
- Once Chime validate your account is remove, send a follow-up email to Chime. By this you will get a surety about deactivation of your account.
Is it possible to close my account in the Chime app?
Yes, it is possible to close the account in the Chime app, however, it is possible if you have the Chime app version 5.109 or versions ahead this on your Apple device.
Below mentioned are some steps you have to follow to close your account –
- Tap the gear icon to get going with the settings, on the Home Screen.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ link, in Personal info.
- Then, choose ‘Close Account‘.
- At last, read the ‘Close my Account’ note.
*Further, you wish to continue closing your account, you need to verify your identity first.
*Enter the last 4 digits of your Social Security number, to verify your identity.
*Also, you can upload an image there as per your preference.
- Click on ‘Submit request’ whenever you are all set to close your account.
- After all this, ‘Your request has been submitted’ message will be visible to you.
- Click on ‘Got it’ to finish the process.
Note: Android users need to contact support by Chime app in order to remove your account.
What happens if there’s money in your Chime account when you close it ?
If in case there is money in your account whenever you want to close it, you may shift your balance to a tied account through an outbound ACH transfer by using ‘Transfer Funds’. This feature will be under Move Money in the app or online.
Below mention are the steps to follow before closing your Chime account –
- First, open your Chime account or you can also login online.
- Choose ‘Move Money’, then select ‘Transfer Funds’. Now you can select the accounts you wish to move funds between. You may also link a new account.
- If you are using a Chime savings account, your this account will also be remove according to the terms of your ‘Deposit Account Agreement’.
- In order to transfer the Saving funds, you have to move your savings balance into your checking account before you begin the ACH transfer.
- If you people use Chime Credit Builder Secured Visa® Credit Card, this account will also be removed, according to the terms of your Account Agreement.
- In order to move funds from your Credit Builder Secured Visa® Credit Card, it’s necessary for you to transfer your Credit Builder balance into your Checking account before you begin the ACH transfer.
- During this process, you might not be able to use any active Chime cards.
If you don’t want any kind of delay in receiving your funds, make sure that this transfer is finished before you close your account. Whenever you will transfer, after that it will take up to 4-5 business days for the funds to be visible in your tied or linked accounts.
How you can get your money back if Chime suspends your account?
Firstly, it is important for you to know that why your Chime account can get suspended ?
You must be aware of the fact that Chime accounts can’t be used to practice things including illegal online gambling or any fraudulent activities. Any suspected illegitimate activity may cause the account to be suspended or frozen.
It is also stated that if any Chime member uses Spending Account or an associated Chime Visa® Debit Card for illegal purposes, their Chime account will be simply suspended without any notice.
Now if, we talk about you can get your money bank if in case Chime suspends your account, there have been cases where user’s money gets frozen without any proper explanation.
- Firstly, try contacting Chime’s customer service. If they by chance fail to solve your queries or doesn’t provide you with sufficient answers, try contacting ‘Bancorp Bank’.
Several customers shared their experience with similar issue ( Chime suspended their account ) saying that they were able to solve their problem after contacting this bank.
The bank provided them refunds of their Chime account after analyzing their case.
How you can cancel Chime Debit Card ?
If in case you have lost your Chime Debit Card, contact customer support to cancel and reissue a replacement card.
Below mentioned are some of the steps you need to follow in order to cancel your Debit Card –
- You need to open your Chime account on your mobile.
- Tap the gear icon to get going with the settings, on the top left of the Home Screen.
- Now, scroll down under the debit card section and there you will find the option ‘ Replace your Card’.
- At last, select the option which fits the best and you can follow the directions.
- Open your Chime account on mobile.
- Open settings
- A menu will be dropped
- Select ‘Chime Card’ transaction and turn it from ‘on’ to ‘off’
- Now, you may contact support to cancel your Chime Debit Card
How to unlink bank account from Chime ?
To unlink your bank account from Chime, follow the below mentioned steps –
If you already have an account –
- Open the Chime’s website and click ’Login’. Login with your email address and password. Before you proceed a verification code will be send to your phone number to help secure your account.
- Click on ’Verify’
- Once you login, you will see a dropdown arrow beside your name located at the top right corner of the screen
- Click on the ’dropdown arrow’
- Select ‘Settings’
- Once you are on this page, scroll down and locate the ’Link bank account’ section.
- Next, choose the account that you wish to delete to uncover the ‘delete’ button.
- Click on ’delete account’ button
- A pop-up message will appear. Click on ’yes’ to confirm.
Select settings for the mobile apps. For Android: the option is on the side menu and for iPhone : the gear icon is in the upper-left-hand corner.
Below is a small video representation to unlink your bank account from Chime account:
Is it possible reopen a Chime bank account that was closed ?
In most cases, once you close a bank account it can’t be reopen.
You need to open a new bank account with your bank or institution. Apart from this, if you are unable to access your Chime account, contact Chime’s customer support team. They will guide and help you about this.
In rare cases, if your bank policies allows and it is mentioned that you can reopen a Chime bank account, then you can. It totally depends upon your bank.
Why can’t I delete my Chime account ?
If you people are striving to close your Chime account, you can simply contact Chime support.
One of the reasons why you can’t delete your chime account can be if there are any pending fees.
Also, if there is any negative balance or card transactions which haven’t run through yet. If in case you don’t settle down these things, your chime account won’t get deleted.
Is there any Chime account closing fee ?
No, there isn’t any fee to close your Chime account.
However, in case you have some negative balance in your account, you need to pay that before closing your account.
This thing is pretty much in your favor that on closing your account, you don’t have to pay any fee.
You must be aware about the fact that deleting your account won’t be possible if you have unclear overdraft balances.
How to cancel direct deposit on Chime ?
If you want to cancel direct deposit on Chime, it can be difficult for you to do so. For your information, direct deposits cannot be cancelled or eliminated on Chime taking into consideration, this is normally done through your employer or the government.
Further, you will have to get in touch with the institution where you primarily set up the direct deposit so that you can send it some other account.
We hope that now you people are clear about how you can close your Chime Account. It’s not at all difficult if you follow the above mentioned steps.
The process of closing your account may take a while but you have to make sure that you unlink all your accounts and move all your funds ( remaining balance ) before closing your account.
If in any case you face any trouble during the process of closing your account, don’t forget to contact the support.
- How To Get “Chime Direct Deposit” To Hit Early
- The Ultimate Guide To Understanding & Using Chime Statements
- Chime Withdrawal Limit 2022-All You Need to Know
- Chime Spot Me Helps You Save Money on Your Bills (2022 Guide)
- Activate Your Chime Card: For the First Time Users (Guide)
It’s not possible to cancel direct deposits on Chime. This is because it’s mainly done by your employer or the government.
Rather, you need to contact where you have set up your direct deposit, to send it to some other account instead of your Chime account.
No, Chime doesn’t close an inactive account. But, if anyone goes wrong with the terms and conditions during signing up into the Chime account, then your account will be close without any warning given to you.
So be careful with that !
It’s important for you to know that, once you close your chime account you will no longer be able to access it.
You will have to contact the support and speak with the representative in order to close your Chime Savings Account. You can easily find the contact number from Chime’s website.
If in case you have funds in your savings account, you need to move it to the spending account. It will be simpler for you.
After moving your money to the spending account, you can transfer it into your some other account.
No, it’s not possible to reopen a Chime account once it’s close.
Yes, you can open a new Chime spending account after closing your ongoing account.
It’s important for you to know that you can’t have an access or use two accounts at the same time.
You need to close the old account first, if you wish to open a new one.