We have gathered easy and simple process to Load money on Chime card.
It’s pretty simple and can be done with the help of several deposit partners by just visiting there.
Also, you must be pondering and might be having various questions related to loading money on chime card!
In this article, you will get to know about ‘how to load money on chime card’ and several other topics related to this.
To get your answers or solutions, follow the guide further.
Where can you exactly load your chime card?
Chime is a great online bank that concentrates on immensely low fee and making all the users or customers feel secure.
If we talk about ‘where you can load your chime card’, it’s pretty simple to understand.
Chime has various deposit companions. It has more than 90,000 retail locations which are expanded all over the world. Some of the well-known retailers include- Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, etc.
It’s important for you people to know that it’s not possible to load the Chime card through an ATM. You need to visit to the particular locations and let the deposit companions load your card. After that, you will be able to use the card wherever it’s accepted.
Remember, that there are certain limits to loading your card.
For example, you may deposit up to $1000 each day into your Chime account. Then you can spend it simply using the Chime card. Be aware of the fact that you can make maximum of 3 deposits within 24 hours. Moreover, you have a loading limit of $10,000 in a month. As an outcome, it won’t be possible for you to load the maximum amount every day.[Chime cash deposit limit]
If in case somehow you decide to ( put the link ) remove or close your Chime account, double-check that your card isn’t loaded.
Authorized Chime Deposit Partners:
There are several deposit partners Chime has, where you can load your account or in other words you can say ‘where you can add money to your Chime card’.
These companions are generally all over the place, so undoubtedly they may have various locations throughout the world.
- Krause Gentle (Kum & Go)
- Holiday Station Stores
- Circle K Stores
- Cumberland Farms Corp
- TA Operating LLC (TravelCenters of America)
- Rite Aid
- Sheetz Incorp
- Pilot Travel Centers
- Royal Farms
- Kwik Trip Inc
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Speedway etc.
Now, simply all you have to do is to visit the location. Definite deposit companions may allow you people to make your transactions online.
However, not all locations have amended these transactions to work on an online server.
How to load money on Chime card ?
Below mentioned are some of the important step you need to follow in order to load money on chime card ..
- Whenever you visit the store, ask the cashier to add money directly to your Chime checking account, to load money on your Chime card.
- Then, specify the amount of cash you wish to deposit on your card.
- Now, you need to confirm the fee for the deposit.
(Normally, it is around $3.5 to $5 per transaction. There is no fee for Walgreens.)
- The cashier will further swap your card and add money to it.
- Then, you will be receiving a text message regarding the confirmation about the credit in your chime account.
Make sure that all the necessary loading steps are completed so that you could use the card without any issues.
However, the steps might be quite different, depending upon the location. For instance, some of the locations accept cash, others may permit you to pay through credit or debit card.
If in case you don’t want to visit physically to the location, you may use several banks to make the transfer. However, you can make a transaction only if you have an account with one of the below mentioned banks –
- Navy Federal
- U.S. Bank
- TD Bank
- Capital One
- PNC Bank
- Wells Fargo
- Charles Schwab
- Bank of America
The transaction is pretty easy and you can do it just by sitting comfortably at your home.
Just follow 1-2 simple steps –
- Firstly login into your chime account through your mobile app
- Then, ‘select’ Move Money’
- Select ‘Transfers’
- Then, add the username with the password for your bank account
From now on, you may utilize ‘bank transfers’ to transfer funds in your chime card.
It’s important for you to know the limit. $25,000 is the limit per month when you transfer with this method. Also, you may transfer up to $10,000 each day.
The only problem you may face here is – transfer time is quite longer than the time you transfer from the location. Whenever you visit the location ( Chime partners) , money enters to your account instantly.
Even so, if you choose the ‘bank transfer’ option, it may take 5 days for the money to load in your chime account.
How can you load money on Chime card for free ?
One of the way to load money on Chime card for free is by adding cash to your chime card at any of the Walgreens stores.
Alternative way to load money on Chime card is by using ‘Move Money’.
This particular option is there on Chime app. You can transfer money from your other bank account to your chime account.
If you wish to do so, it is important for you to link your other bank account with Chime.
Below mentioned are some of the step you need to follow :
- Firstly , you need to login to the chime app.
- Secondly, ‘select ‘Move Money’ option given on the home page
- Then, click on ‘Transfer from Other Banks’
- Click on ‘Link your External Account’ given at the bottom
- At last, select you bank and enter all the bank credentials. Also, you need to enter your bank email or username along with the password in order to verify the details.
What are the other ways to load money on your Chime card ?
There are several other ways by which you may load money on your chime card. These include –
- By Using Venmo : Simply add your Chime card to Venmo, move money from your Venmo wallet into your Chime account. You can add money using instant transfer from Venmo or by using standard transfer. Standard transfer is free but it may take 2-3 days.
- By Cash App : You can put money by linking your Chime card to your cash app account. Also, similar to Venmo, you can add money using instant transfer or standard transfer.
- Add money from Apple Pay to Chime : You may do a standard transfer from your Apple Cash wallet money to Chime card.
- Ask money from family/friends on Chime :
You need to follow few steps –
- Firstly, open your Chime mobile app and Login.
- Then, click on ‘Pay Friends’ option given at the bottom navigation bar
- Click on ‘ Search People’
- Then, enter all the information including contact number, name, etc. from who you wish to ask money.
- Write down the amount of money you wish to receive from him/her along with a brief note.
- Click on ‘Request’
It’s a good option for you people as it is immediate and free.
How much time Chime takes for the money to show in your account ?
Chime basically asserts that the customers will be able to see the transferred funds in two hours.
It’s up to you, whether you’re using Walmart, Walgreen, CVS, or some other Chime’s deposit companion, the amount of time for the funds to appear in your account will be similar.
Chime will notify you on the mobile number you used to set up your account, once the transaction is done.
Moreover, for the assurance, you may login to your Chime mobile app and look over the account balance after 2 hours of your transaction.
Which is the cheapest place to load your Chime card?
You might be aware about the Walgreens company, is an American company that operates the second-largest pharmacy store chain in the United States behind CVS Health.
Walgreens is the only retailer that loads your Chime card without charging Chime customers a fee.
Further, Chime members can simply make Deposits at Walgreens for free.
What are various places to load Cash App card ?
Below mentioned are the places where you can easily load your cash app card.
- Rite Aid
- Dollar General
- Walmart (Customer Service Desk/ Money Centers)
- Duane Reade
- Family Dollar
How much does it cost to add money to Chime card?
Generally, retailers charge you less than $5 for loading your card.
However, the exact charges will depend upon the amount you deposit into your account.
Chime has clearly stated that there can be extra transaction fees at third-party retailers whenever you load your card. Also, the fee is not decided by Chime and is instead set by the retailers.
Wrap up !
We hope that now you people are completely aware about how you can put money in your Chime Card. There are various locations out there through which you can load your Chime card accordingly. You may visit there and ask the partners to load your Chime card.
Moreover, deposit partners are already mentioned above, you can visit there and easily load your card.
- How Chime Mobile Check Deposit Works?
- The Ultimate Guide To Understanding & Using Chime Statements
- Chime With Zelle: 14 Questions Answered
- How To Link Your Cash App Account with Chime App
- Activate Your Chime Card: For the First Time Users (Guide)
Walgreens is exceedingly well founded option to load money in your Chime card. Once it is loaded, you may utilize it at every location that accepts card payments.
You need to go at their location ( Walgreens ) to reload your chime card.
You just have to go to the store and ask the person there to load money on your card. After all this, you will be able to use the card within 2 hours, however, in most cases process can be instant.
Fee depends upon the location. Different locations charge different fee. For instance, Walmart charges $4.95 on every transaction. Also, it’s mandatory for you people to know the fee before you visit any of the locations to load your chime card.
On the other hand, there are several locations that can load your card for free but you have to search those locations.
You cannot load the Chime Card at an ATM. If you want to put money on your Chime card, you need to visit the particular locations and let deposit companions load the card.
Walgreens is the only retailer that doesn’t charge any fee and loads money on Chime card for free.
Chime users can deposit or add money to chime card at 80,000+ retail locations which includes CVS, Walmart, etc.
These stores, however, charge a loading fee starting from $3 to $5.
Yes, you can add money to your Chime Credit Builder Card by using ‘Move my Pay’.
This will help and move the amount of money according to your wish into Credit Builder on every payday.